Hello!

Hi, I'm Toby, I'm a 13 year old thoroughbred cross and I'm a gelding but that is still a sore point so I prefer not to talk about it. Sarah found me on horse hunter whilst looking for her first horse, she thought that I looked like I could do with some good food and exercise from the photo on my advert but came to see me anyway. Unfortunately I didn't look much like the picture on the internet, I was much worse, I hadn't been looked after properly so I was very thin, my spine stuck up and people said my ribs looked like a picket fence, my hips stuck out too, I felt sad and couldn't be bothered to do much. I made Sarah really sad. I'm much better now but me and Sarah still have some work to do and need to get to know each other better so this blog has been set up to let people know how we are getting on.



22 Mar 2010

It's been a while..

wow, its a long time since I wrote on here, I've been so busy that I forgot to do it. I've moved into one of the summer fields, there wasn't any grass left in our winter one, we ate it all. I've got new rugs because the weather is getting warmer. My winter coat is coming out now so I will have my summer one soon, I can't wait to get rid of it all, it gets everywhere when Sarah grooms me.


A few weeks ago Sarah bought me a treat ball, I didn't get it, I tried to get the treats out through the hole but it was too small, then I tried licking the ball but it didn't taste of anything, Sarah moved it and the treats came out so I moved it and when they didn't fall out I nudged her for them. After a couple of weeks of the stupid thing being in my stable I got hungry whilst waiting for my tea and decided to have a go, now I think its great fun, I get extra food!


We have been having lessons too, I try and be really lazy when we have lessons because I know they are 45 minutes and to be honest I just can't be bothered. I behave much better when its just me and Sarah in the arena. We've even been for a couple of short rides down the track, when we got back to the yard I wanted to go in for my tea but Sarah wouldn't let me, we had a bit of a fight, I shoved her leg into the wall but she won in the end and made me do more work in the arena for it- pah! Anyway must dash I've got some grass to attend to.


Here I am in my new rug:


No comments:

Post a Comment